20 medium sized shrimp
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the lemon beurre blanc sauce:
6 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons dry white wine
1 small shallot, minced (it’s totally fine to use white onion but shallot are delicious!)
4 tablespoons butter (you’ll want to add this one tablespoon at a time)
1. Boil water for orzo and cook until al dente.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet.
3. Cook shrimp 3-5 minutes until opaque.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice, white wine and shallot. Bring to a low boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and, using a whisk, beat in 1 piece of butter, then a second piece.
6. Place the pan over very low heat and whisk in the remaining butter one piece at a time to make an emulsified sauce.
7. Remove from the heat and whisk in salt and pepper to taste.
8. Strain cooked orzo, add to saucepan and add shrimp. Mix and serve.