2 bags of boil in a bag brown rice
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas, carrots and corn (I just recently added in the corn, I’ve always used just the frozen pea and carrot mix and it works just as well)
1 small onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 big squeeze of Sriracha
1 tablespoon butter
splash of white wine
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan.
2. Add boil in a bag brown rice to boiling water.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
4. Add the peas/carrot/corn mix, onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
5. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
6. Add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Finish with 1 tablespoon butter. (I know the butter seems unnecessary but adding it revolutionized this dish for us).
7. Cook until slightly crispy. I add a splash of white wine so that it has a little crunch but isn’t dry. Cook just another minute so the wine cooks off.