2 cups flour
½ teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
3 cans chicken broth
1 large chicken breast
1. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients – I smash this with my fingers but feel free to class it up with a fork.
3. Stir in the milk with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
4. Heavily flour your counter.
5. Roll the dough out thin with a heavily floured rolling pin (the thinner the better, as they become really heavy and dense if they’re not thin enough).
6. Cut dumplings with a pizza cutter. We like our dumplings really small – like smaller than 1 inch x 1 inch – but cut them to whatever size you prefer.
7. Boil water in a medium sized saucepan to cook your chicken.
8. Add raw chicken breast and boil 20 minutes.
9. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
10. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium sized saucepan.
11. Add the dumplings to the broth (including any excess flour that you have with the dumplings, it will only thicken your broth, which is a very yummy thing).
12. Stir regularly to keep the dumplings from sticking to each other or the pan.
13. Cook for 20 minutes or until dumplings are tender.