2 large chicken breasts
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated Mexican cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Boil water in a medium sized saucepan.
3. Add raw chicken to boiling water and cook 20 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from boiling water and shred with 2 forks.
5. Cook diced onion .
6. Add chicken evenly between 8 tortillas.
7. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
8. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9×12″ baking dish that has been coated in cooking spray.
9. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and stir in flour to make a roux, stirring frequently until browned.
10. Whisk in chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
11. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and green chilies.
12. Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
13. Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake for 20 minutes.