1 large chicken breast
1/3 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup marinara sauce
shredded Italian cheese of your choosing
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Slice chicken breast in half through the middle of the breast. Place your hand flat on top of the breast, stick your knife into the thick end of the chicken breast (parallel to your cutting board) and slide the breast all the way through until you have two halves of the same size.
3. Beat the egg in a small bowl.
4. Add bread crumbs to a shallow bowl or a small plate.
5. Salt and pepper chicken halves.
6. Dip chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumbs, one at a time.
7. Place coated chicken breasts on a baking sheet that is coated in cooking spray.
8. Cook 10 minutes.
9. Remove baking sheet from oven, flip breasts. Return to oven, cook 10 more minutes.
10. Remove cooked chicken from oven. Top with marinara sauce, then shredded Italian cheese.
11. Return to oven until cheese is bubbly and brown.